Is there any food out there as versatile, delicious and nutritious as peanut butter? First introduced at the turn of the century in the early 1900s, peanut butter has been a staple in American food that isn’t leaving any time soon. Peanut butter is used in so many different ways these days. It’s often found in delicious candy, healthy snacks or decadent desserts. But did you know that peanut butter is not only tasty, but good for you? There are several different health benefits that peanut butter has and we’re going to give you our choice for the top five!
- Weight Loss – You wouldn’t think that something that is often used in candy or desserts would be tied to weight loss but peanut butter breaks that mold! Peanut butter has been known to suppress your appetite which can help lead to weight loss. With around two hundred calories and around eight grams of protein per serving, you will feel fuller for a longer period of time, which will in turn help you eat less.
- Lowers Your Risk of Diabetes – A study was published in the Journal of The American Medical Association that reported “Eating about two tablespoons of peanut butter at least five days a week can reduce the risk of developing diabetes by almost thirty percent, particularly Type 2 Diabetes.” Peanuts can have a positive effect on helping to control you blood sugar.
- Promotes Strong Bones – Iron and calcium help to transport oxygen in the blood. This is essential for promoting bone growth and maintaining strong bones. And guess what is packed with iron AND calcium? You guessed it, peanut butter!
- Heart Healthy – I bet you didn’t think that eating peanut butter could help keep your heart beating long and strong, did you? There is a substance called p-coumaric acid in peanut butter that can help repair damaged cells that are associated with cardiovascular disease. In addition to that, peanut butter is a fat friendly food. There is more unsaturated fat than saturated fat in peanut butter which will help lower your risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease.
- Great for Building Muscle – If you are hitting the weights at the gym, peanut butter should be an essential part of your diet. A single two tablespoon serving of peanut butter contains more than eight grams of protein, two grams of dietary fiber, two hundred milligrams of potassium and nearly two hundred calories. This makes peanut butter a perfect food to support your efforts in building muscle!
Weaver Nut Sweets & Snacks is no stranger to peanut butter either. We have two great styles of peanut butter that you can choose from to try to gain all of the benefits listed above. Our scrumptious and all natural peanut butter is freshly made using 100% organic peanut butter. If you’re looking for an unsalted peanut butter, we’ve got you covered as well. With either of these you can savor peanut butter to your heart’s content without feeling guilty that you’re enjoying yourself. Pick some up today and start improving your life from one of the many benefits of this wonderful food!