As the holiday season approaches, many people are looking for creative, and delicious snacks to serve. Serve the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Almonds by themselves for a special after dinner treat. The Flax and Hemp Seed Crackers, taste great by themselves, or with a slice of cheese.
Servings: 1 1/2 cups
- 6 ounces Bittersweet or Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Unsalted Almonds
- Sea Salt
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or carefully use the microwave. For the microwave, place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
3. Stir the almonds into the chocolate, making sure to coat each one. Using a dipping or a fork, lift the almonds out of the chocolate - one by one or a couple at a time to make clusters. Gently tap the tool/fork against the side of the bowl to release excess chocolate and place onto prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining almonds.
4. Sprinkle Almonds with a little sea salt, then allow chocolate to completely set. I placed the baking sheet in the refrigerator to speed up the process!
5. Store chocolate covered almonds in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
(Grain-Free and Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Meal
- 2 Tablespoons Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour or Finely Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt (Plus more to sprinkle on top)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 large Egg White
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix almond meal, flax meal, hemp seed, fine coconut and fine sea salt in a large bowl. Pour melted butter and egg white over the dry ingredients. Mix well. Combine with a fork until dough comes together in a ball (you may need to use your hands).
- Roll the crackers out very thinly between two sheets of parchment paper. Use shark knife or pizza cutter to cut into small squares and sprinkle with a pinch of additional sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until completely dry and crisp.
- Cool on cooling rack and store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
NOTE: Roll them thinly and evenly. The crackers a baked at a low temperature so that the crackers dry out without getting brown too early.