Bring some Christmas magic to your home with the classic holiday tradition of baking yummy cookies and gathering around to construct gingerbread houses! Baking gooey, chewy chocolate chip cookies and constructing edible structures out of graham crackers or gingerbread is the perfect way to celebrate the holidays as well as spend precious time with family and friends.
Let Weaver Nut Sweets & Snacks help you get ready for any Christmas cookies or gingerbread houses that you plan on whipping up.
Here are a few of our favorite holiday cookie recipes:
Buttery Spritz Cookies from the Kitchen of Beverly
Bake: 10 min. per batch
Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
?1 cup butter, softened
?1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
?1/2 teaspoon salt
?1 large egg
?1 teaspoon vanilla extract
?1/2 teaspoon almond extract
?2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
?1 cup confectioners' sugar
?2 to 3 tablespoons water
?Colored sugar and sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
2. Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 6-8 minutes (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
3. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough water to reach desired consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; decorate as desired. Let stand until set.
Peppermint Biscotti from Paula's Kitchen
Bake: 15 minutes per batch
Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
?3/4 cup butter, softened
?3/4 cup sugar
?3 large eggs
?2 teaspoons peppermint extract
?3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
?1 teaspoon baking powder
?1/4 teaspoon salt
?1 cup crushed peppermint
?2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
?2 tablespoons shortening
?1/2 cup crushed peppermint
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
2. Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12x2-1/2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each biscotti into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with candy. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Don't forget to get into the creative spirit and design, build and decorate your families' gingerbread house with festive gum drop borders, peppermint stick window frames, twisted licorice lattice and plenty of winter themed sprinkles.
From dried fruits to hard candy, Weaver Nut Sweets & Snacks has all of your holiday baking needs. We also offer many unique gift ideas from a box of chocolates to tins filled with our snack products to baskets or fruit and nut trays.
Weaver Nut Sweet & Snacks has the highest quality sweets and snacks to offer. Head to Weaver Nut Sweets & Snacks to find all of the goodies and ingredients you'll need to bake cookies and make memories of gingerbread homes. Weaver Nut Sweet & Snacks also delivers!